SHARP 9″ x 50″ Vertical Knee Mill LMV-50
- This model has many unique features compared with most of the other similar machines on the market.
- The quill is CNC ground to a mirror finish and chromed to fit the housing resulting in close to jig bore accuracy for quill downfeed.
- Tapered gibs installed on the ways allows easy adjustment for long term usage
- The bottom of the saddle, instead of the top of the knee ways, which rides on the knee, is hand scraped for better oil retention and prevent dirt and chips from embedded in the knee ways.
- 9 x 42 ins table, 12 x 30 ins travel (LMV-42)
- 9 x 50 ins table, 12 x 37 ins travel (LMV-50)
- R-8 spindle, 3 hp , variable speed (60-4,500 rpm)
- Spindle runout of no more than 0.0002” TIR
- Hard chromed ways provide long wear resistance
- Head tilt side to side, up and down
- One shot lubrication with back flow valve
- Tapered gibs for adjustment
- Dual clamps on knee and saddle that locks the knee and table evenly to the column and saddle to avoid skewing. Handles on the clamp are adjustable to 12 different positions.
- Improved design of Backlash Eliminator: Backlash Eliminator By Double Nut Design replaces the older design that squeezes a split nut to get rid of backlash. Sharp is the first one to use a double nut design that keeps the feed screw in contact with a pair of bronze nuts. Using a custom tool supplied with the mill, the feed nuts are adjusted to control backlash and held tight with a retaining nut and locking ring.
- Patented Knuckle Head design: The New Patented Knuckled-Head Design prevents the head from slipping. The Sharp mills have a knuckle which uses 6 bolts, 3 each side, fitted into circular T-slots with matching nuts securing them from the outside. It locks the head in place for better accuracy and performance than the old design using only 3 bolts to squeeze the casting to hold the head without the T-slots. (Patent No. 5044054)
- Better motor shaft support: Roller Bearing Support at the bottom of the motor shaft ensures proper loading, support and alignment of the spindle. It also prevents the distortion of the belts due to tension from long years of milling operation
- Patented sliding variable disc movement: Easy Access Lubricating Shaft is designed with an oil channel in the center that is fed by a grease fitting at the lower end for longer motor shaft life. (Patent No. 2848)
- Crank Handle Improvements: Thrust Bearings mounted at the end of the table and saddle pre-load the feed screw, eliminating end play for precisely controlled lateral movements.
- One Shot Lube System
- Hard-Chromed Ways
- Front and Rear Rubber Way Covers
- Tool box with tools
- Wired 220V or 440V (Specify)
ITEM: 9″ x 50″ Vertical Knee Mill
Item/Model: SHARP LMV-50