SHARP 10″ x 54″ TMV Vertical Knee Mill
- This model is constructed with box ways instead of dove tail ways. The model has many unique features compared with most of the similar machines on the market.
- The quill is CNC ground to a mirror finish and chromed to fit the housing resulting in close to jig bore accuracy for quill downfeed.
- Tapered gibs installed on the ways allows easy adjustment for long term usage.
- The feed handles are designed to spin free which eliminates the friction between the operator’s hand and the feed handle.
- The bottom of the saddle, instead of the top of the knee ways, which rides on the knee, is hand scraped for better oil retention and prevent dirt and chips from embedded in the knee ways.
- 10 x 54 ins table, 16.3 x 39 ins travel
- R-8 spindle, 3 hp , variable speed (60-4,500 rpm)
- Spindle runout of no more than 0.0002 ins TIR
- Hardened and ground box ways, column, base
- Head tilt side to side, up and down
- One shot lubrication with back flow valve
- Tapered gibs for adjustment
- Box Ways: Hardened and Ground box ways on the vertical column and base offer extra support under heavy cutting conditions.
- Patented Knuckle Head design: The New Patented Knuckled-Head Design prevents the head from slipping. The Sharp mills have a knuckle which uses 6 bolts, 3 each side, fitted into circular T-slots with matching nuts securing them from the outside. It locks the head in place for better accuracy and performance than the old design using only 3 bolts to squeeze the casting to hold the head without the T-slots. (Patent No. 5044054)
- Patented sliding vari disc movement: Easy Access Lubricating Shaft is designed with an oil channel in the center that is fed by a grease fitting at the lower end for longer motor shaft life. (Patent No. 2848)
- Improved design of Backlash Eliminator: Backlash Eliminator By Double Nut Design replaces the older design that squeezes a split nut to get rid of backlash. Sharp is the first one to use a double nut design that keeps the feed screw in contact with a pair of bronze nuts. Using a custom tool supplied with the mill, the feed nuts are adjusted to control backlash and held tight with a retaining nut and locking ring.
- One Shot Lube System
- Hard-Chromed Ways
- Front and Rear Rubber Way Covers
- Tool box with tools
- Wired 220V or 440V (Specify)
ITEM: 10″ x 54″ Vertical Knee Mill
Item/Model: SHARP TMV