SHARP 13″ x 40″ Geared Head Precision Lathe 1340VS
- The 13” swing precision lathe offer simple and easy operation for doing light work with all the features as a larger engine lathe. The economy value is ideal for schools, training for the next generation of skilled workers. This manual lathe is ideal for individual home machine shops. The electrics will accept single phase power supply.
- 3 HP motor
- Digital Vari Speed (DVS) (40-2,000 rpm)
- Cross slide movement control at apron
- D1-4 camlock spindle 1 ½” bore
- Gap bed
- Hardened and ground chrome-moly gears
- Push-Pull knob at apron to control Cross slide movement. A more efficient design than having control at the headstock area. Top of the cross slide is hardened and ground for longevity of the slide ways. The gap bed allows larger swing but short work piece to be machined near the headstock without changing to a larger swing machine.
- Variable speed models allows easy change of speed by turning a dial instead of shifting levers to different positions. High/Low gear selections in the headstock offers higher torque for heavy cutting operations.
- Machine is available as a package with 2 axes digital readout system, chuck guard with limit switch, steady rest, follow rest and work light at a fixed price.
- 3-jaw 8″ chuck, steady rest
- Removeable gap, back plate
- Coolant system, 4 way toolpost
- Full length splash guard
- Center sleeves, dead center, tool kit
- wired 220V, for 440V, need new motor, or transformer
- Can run on single phase motor
ITEM: 13″ x 40″ Geared Head Precision Lathe
Item/Model: SHARP 1340VS